6 Solutions for Filtering Out Spring Allergens
Allergens float around North Central Florida homes and businesses on a year-round basis. Spring, however, seems to be the worst time of year for allergy sufferers. Blooming flowers, thriving trees, and plants coming back to life, ultimately, produce countless spring allergens. Fortunately, there are some indoor solutions for filtering allergens.
Allergen Prevention, HVAC Protection, and Air Purification
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air offers residential and commercial customers these expert tips for allergen prevention, HVAC protection, and air purification.
- Start Outside to Prevent a Pollen Invasion: The first step to reducing indoor allergens is to prevent them from entering your homes and businesses. Trimming trees and plants that produce pollen will help reduce allergens around your property. Also, lawn care, disposing of fallen leaves, and clearing walkways will reduce the debris and particles creeping indoors.
- Ramp Up Spring-Cleaning Efforts: Due to high pollen counts and increased foliage, spring is an important time of year for dusting, vacuuming, and mopping. Foot-traffic brings in a great deal of debris, which increases allergens. Homeowners may initiate a no-shoe policy, while businessowners may want to increase vacuum cleaning and entrance mat washing.
- Close Windows and Create a Tight Seal: Be sure to keep windows closed, which will prevent airborne particles and pollen from entering your homes and businesses. Poor quality indoor air can worsen health conditions like allergies or asthma. A tight seal for clean, circulating air will allow your HVAC systems to help filter allergens out of the air. Likewise, be sure to not leave doors open for extended periods of time.
- Change Your AC Filter Every Month: Limit pollutants like dust, debris, dander, and other allergens by changing your HVAC filters every month, or more frequently depending on usage and your system. A clean air filter with a high MERV ranking will go a long way in helping you reduce airborne allergens in your homes and businesses.
- Invest in An Air Purification System: For the ultimate air purification solution, homes and businesses are choosing to install air purifying technologies. For example, Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) is a highly effective, no-maintenance, air purifying solution to reduce airborne particles, allergens, viruses, bacteria, and mold. Additionally, United’s experts specialize in installing REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifiers, which also reduces odors, pollutants, particulates, microbials, and gases in indoor air.
- Breathe Easier with Preventive HVAC Maintenance: An efficient HVAC system can help maintain proper temperatures and humidity levels, all while filtering allergens from the air. Scheduling your next HVAC check-up with United’s professionals will ensure your systems are running efficiently and will help reduce the pollen and allergens in your indoor air.
United’s experts are available to provide more information about HVAC system efficiency and air purification solutions at your Florida home or business. Call United Refrigeration, Heating and Air today at 352-629-1187 today.