7 Spring Cleaning Tips for Commercial Refrigeration
Spring has sprung across North Central Florida, making now a perfect time for cleaning your refrigeration systems and inspecting for peak performance.
Commercial refrigeration systems require maintenance and inspections for optimal operations. The experts at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air strive to help our customers keep systems clean and maintained to optimize functions and prevent health hazards.
Here are seven expert tips for Refrigerators, Freezers, and Ice Machines:
- Most importantly, pre-schedule professional cleanings and maintenance services. United’s professionals are your best protection against system failures. Each brand requires different protocols, which is why it is important to trust the experts for maintaining and protecting refrigeration equipment.
- Also, be sure to follow the basic care guidelines in your manual. Every ice machine, soft serve machine, slush machine, commercial walk-in, reach-in cooler, and deli case has an operational manual for daily usage, cleanings, settings, and basic care.
- With swiftness, address any and all issues. Winter, spring, summer, or fall — if something smells funny, looks odd, seems warm, or feels slimy – it is time for a professional cleaning and inspection to diagnose and fix the issue. A tiny leak might start with a temperature issue, but it can lead to a full system failure or end up as a serious health code violation.
- Frequently, perform sanitizing to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria, fungi, mold, yeast, slime, and microorganisms. A little elbow grease can prevent big issues like food contamination. Use appropriate disinfecting solutions to scrub interiors, bins, and parts.
- It is critical for restaurants, kitchen facilities, food vendors, and stores to protect perishable food supplies. Monitoring expiration dates, discarding risky items, and removing frost are essential cleaning measures.
- Also, remember to remove any interior and exterior dust. Dusting is a must when spring cleaning. Dust can build up and hinder heat transfer around system coils. That is why dust removal is important for refrigeration systems to function.
- Deep cleanings require more than dusting. It is also important to clear drains and replace any broken-down items, such as repairing faulty parts, fans, or gaskets to ensure proper operations and to help support the longevity of your systems.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air specializes in helping customers clean and maintain commercial refrigerators, freezers, and ice machines. Our expert technicians also offer emergency repairs, service warranties, and new installations for high-efficiency upgrades.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has provided speedy services for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 for new installations, system maintenance, or repair services.