Refrigeration Tips to Prevent Issues from Springing Up
Spring has sprung, which makes March an important time to inspect your commercial refrigeration systems. Issues often arise when the weather heats up and cooling operations increase, which is why the experts at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air are offering essential tips for preventing problems before they spring up at your business.
7-Point Spring Checklist for Commercial Refrigeration
United Refrigeration has decades of experience in keeping commercial refrigeration systems operating efficiently for customers throughout Sumter and Marion Counties. Here are ways businesses can support the longevity of ice machines, soft serve machines, slush machines, commercial walk-ins, reach-in coolers, deli cases, or freezers.
- Avoid a refrigeration system failure during business hours by pre-scheduling regular maintenance services. A professional inspection to assess operations and diagnose issues could help you prevent future risks.
- Regularly inspect auto-closers, doors, and gaskets for air leaks. Check for gaps, puddles, and moisture or water droplets around the unit. Gaps will waste energy and allow warm air to enter into your system, which is harmful for perishables.
- Be sure there is adequate space around your refrigeration system. This will improve airflow around heat exchange coils.
- Utilize accessories and implement protective measures to optimize operations. For example, prevent air loss and temperature fluctuations with motion sensors for case-lighting systems. If you have open cases, consider investing in night curtains.
- Perform interior and exterior cleanings to keep your systems clean, sanitized, and running efficiently. Follow manufacturer guidelines or contact United Refrigeration’s experts for cleaning assistance and maintenance programs.
- Refrigeration systems require vigilant care for efficient operations. Remove dust from all system coils. This can improve heat transfer and functionality.
- Make timely repairs and replace faulty parts. Proper operations require cohesively functioning hardware, fans, gaskets, and other parts.
In addition to professional inspections and preventative maintenance programs, United Refrigeration, Heating and Air can help evaluate the lifespan and condition of your refrigerators, freezers, and ice machines to determine if you need an upgrade or if a new installation is appropriate.
For over 30 years, our Florida customers have relied on us for all of their refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning needs. Call United Refrigeration, Heating and Air at 352-629-1187 to set your next installation, system maintenance, or repair service.