How often do you think about the air quality in your home or business? From a financial or a health standpoint, air quality and air control are critical for the places we live, work, eat, and sleep. That is why United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s experts are explaining eight essentials to know for National Indoor Air Quality Awareness Month.
- First, if we have said it once, we have said it a million times – maintain a clean air filter. Preferably, choose one with a high MERV ranking to reduce airborne particles. Regularly changing air filters will decrease allergens, dust, debris, hair, and dander in your indoor air. Furthermore, a dirty air filter could end up costing you by causing system malfunctions.
- Next, it is essential to schedule HVAC system maintenance and regular cleanings to ensure you have a properly operating HVAC system for filtering and circulating air throughout your home or business. Maintenance can also extend the longevity of systems.
- For businesses and homeowners in Ocala, the Villages, and surrounding areas of North Central Florida, it is necessary to control humidity levels. Experts recommend maintaining humidity levels below 50 percent to prevent the growth of mold and mildew. Ignoring mold and mildew can impact your health as well as put a dent in your wallet.
- Just as important as controlling humidity is the need to quickly repair leaks, remove standing water, and remove water-damaged wood or materials. These can also lead to the dangerous spread of mold and mildew affecting your property, air quality, and health.
- Be cautious and limit the usage of harmful chemicals, such as household cleaners, pesticides, paints, and other solvents inside your Florida homes and businesses. When usage is necessary, be sure to open doors or windows to ensure proper ventilation.
- After years of warnings, we all know it is smart to avoid smoking indoors. Hundreds of chemicals in cigarettes have been linked to asthma, respiratory illnesses, and cancers.
- Air duct cleanings can be a great solution for better air quality. In addition to professional cleanings, United’s experts can install REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifiers to reduce odors, pollutants, particulates, microbials, and gases in indoor air.
- For enhanced control, install an air purifier, such asGlobal Plasma Solutions (GPS) to reduce particles, odors, pollutants, viruses, and airborne bacteria in your indoor air.
In addition to specializing in HVAC systems, United is a certified contractor for GPS’s needlepoint ionization technology and many other products for superior air purification. The team at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air is prepared to help you with all the essentials for air quality, system maintenance, repairs, and new installations.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep homes and businesses running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to schedule services today.