Around Central Florida, HVAC protection is an essential part of hurricane preparations and safety plans. As homeowners and businesses in places like Ocala and the Villages endure the peak of the 2019 rainy season, the team at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air is checking and double-checking to ensure our valued customers are ready to weather the storm.
Steps to Protect Residential and Commercial HVAC Systems
- Evaluate Systems: United’s HVAC experts can help you evaluate the stability of your unit prior to a storm. Having a professional technician complete a comprehensive check of your entire system could help you avoid a major issue before it strikes.
- Cover and Secure: Protecting your unit is critical during hurricane season. Wind, rain, and flying debris can all cause significant damage to your outdoor unit. Ask United’s technicians about the best straps, hooks, bolts, and covers to keep your system safe.
- Combat Corrosion: In addition to storm flooding, a leaking pipe or drainage issue can harm interior or exterior units. A professional cleaning or replacement part may be necessary to ensure the proper operation of your system’s airflow.
- Raise Platforms: If necessary, outdoor units may need to be raised on a platform in order to protect a high-risk unit from potential flooding in certain areas of your property. Even a tiny amount of water could cause drastic damage to your system.
- Shut it Down: Consider turning off power to your AC unit during strong storms. This could prevent costly dangers from lightning strikes or power surges. If you have a power outage, head to your electrical box to shut down the AC power manually. Then wait until power is restored before switching your AC power back to the “on” position.
- React Quickly: After a storm, it is important to verify the condition of your system and to check if there was damage. Our team is available to provide emergency services and help you deal with a storm’s aftereffects. United’s technicians will do a complete system evaluation to find and fix any damage immediately following a storm.
As conditions heat up in the tropics, the time is now to schedule a maintenance check to proactively identify and prevent issues with your heating and air conditioning.
Contact our full-service Residential AC Repair and Commercial HVAC Services Company today. United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep systems running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment.