Fall is a season of many changes, which reminds us to focus a discussion on filter changes. If you own a home or business in North Central Florida, we are willing to bet that you have an AC or HVAC system. This means your task list includes regular filter changes or filter cleanings. To help you feel good about accomplishing this important task, the experts at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air have filtered the facts about air conditioning filters.
5 Facts for AC Filter Changes
- SCHEDULED CHANGES ARE ESSENTIAL: It is a fact that filter changes help to ensure that your system runs efficiently. Depending on your system and frequency of use, AC filter changes are typically required every one to three months. Set an official schedule with reminders according to your system and usage to ensure you never miss a filter change.
- FILTER QUALITY AND TYPES MATTER: There is no shortage of filter brands, types, and sizes to fit an array of air conditioning systems. Disposable fiberglass filters are popular, as they come in a range of cost options determined by their ratings for effectiveness, such as higher MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) for catching more particles. There are also polyester and pleated filters for greater surface area, washable Electrostatic air filters using electricity for attracting charged particles, as well as HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters to trap particles and pollutants. Ask United’s experts which filter is best for you.
- FILTERS CAN IMPROVE AIR QUALITY: Your AC filter is the first line of defense in trapping debris and filtering particles like dust, dander, pet hair, and other allergens in the air. NEVER run your AC or HVAC system without a filter in place. Take note, a dirty filter could be just as dangerous. Failure to clean a filter will result in poor indoor air quality and can cause deterioration of your system performance, as particles will gather around coils.
- CLEAN FILTERS EXTEND SYSTEM LIFE: It is true. Changing your filter can help extend the life of your system. Continual, clean airflow is essential for proper AC functioning. A clogged filter or obstructed vent can hinder air circulation, interfere with comfortable room temperatures, and prolong run-time, which notably increases energy costs.
- DIRTY FILTERS COST YOU MONEY: A filthy filter or corroded part with other abnormal functions can cause your system to work harder and use more electricity than necessary. Cleaning, maintenance, and prevention are the keys to saving money, promoting safety, and ensuring the efficiency and longevity of your system.
Full-Service AC Maintenance in Florida
It may not feel like Fall in Florida, but the season is fast-approaching with less humidity and moderate temperatures. AC systems across Ocala and The Villages will soon be downshifting operations to keep you comfortable. These seasonal changes serve as a reminder to schedule your annual tune-up or maintenance service to keep your systems running efficiently all year.
Call United Refrigeration, Heating and Air today at 352-629-1187 to discuss your options for maintaining, repairing, replacing, improving indoor air quality, or upgrading your HVAC system.