In honor of National Healthy Homes Month, our team at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air is highlighting how air systems and purifiers can help promote healthier homes for Floridians.
Allergens, dander, smoke, household chemicals, mold, bacteria, and even dreaded viruses like COVID-19 can linger in the air. These hazards can cause serious illness, aggravate asthma, and inflame allergy symptoms. North Central Florida homeowners, however, can improve air quality and protect their respiratory health with solutions from United’s experts.
4 Florida Homeowner Tips for A/C and Air Purifiers
For air purification and A/C system optimization, consider these four tips to support continual, clean, and cool airflow throughout your Florida homes.
- Air-Purification Systems and Technologies: Homeowners across Ocala and The Villages are enjoying healthier homes with the help of leading-edge, air-purifying technologies. There are cost-effective options for installing an air-purification system to clean and purify the indoor air you to breath. For example, Global Plasma Solutions (GPS) is a no-maintenance air-purifying solution with needlepoint ionization to break down gases, control odors, filter particles, as well as kill mold, bacteria, and viruses.
- Duct Cleaning and In-Duct Air Purifiers: Duct-cleaning services can help promote healthier spaces, but you can do more through your ducts. United is a certified contractor for the leading in-duct air purifiers. REME HALO® Whole Home In-Duct Air Purifiers can reduce odors, pollutants, particulates, microbials, and gases in indoor air. The system is powerful enough to purify all the air circulated by your A/C system. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this has become a popular upgrade.
- High-Quality Filter Changes: Be sure to change your filters every month or more frequently depending on usage and guidelines. A clean filter will extend the life of your A/C system, while also helping to reduce pollutants like dust, debris, dander, and other allergens. Choosing HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filters and quality filter brands with a high MERV ranking (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) will go a long way in trapping allergens. Ask United’s experts which filter is best for you and your family home.
- Preventative A/C System Maintenance: Schedule preventive A/C maintenance check-ups with United’s experts to keep your systems up and running. A properly functioning system will do more than cool the air. Your A/C will also enhance your physical comfort by helping to control proper humidity levels in your home. With your health and safety in mind, United’s technicians remain on-call to complete your A/C system evaluations, maintenance, repairs, and new installations.
United’s trained professionals will inspect and maintain your systems, while also abiding by guidelines, policies, and safety procedures. For over 30 years, residential and commercial customers have trusted and relied on United for all their refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning needs. Call us today at 352-629-1187.
With restrictions across North Central Florida and around the world, many people are spending more time indoors. That is making many of us think about the flow of our indoor air. The fact is that proper insulation and an efficient HVAC system are basic essentials for circulating clean and comfortable indoor air throughout your home or business.
Age, efficiency ratings, and performance will determine the efficiency of your HVAC equipment, but there are also heating and cooling solutions outside the scope of HVAC operations.
5 Florida Insulation Projects and Cooling Solutions
As a full-service residential AC repair and commercial HVAC service company, United Refrigeration, Heating and Air offers HVAC inspections, preventative maintenance, repairs, and installations. Oftentimes, our experts will also suggest additional measures that homeowners and business owners may take to improve airflow or to support the efforts of your air conditioning and heating systems. Here are five expert tips:
- Don’t Ignore Ductwork: In addition to the outdoor unit and indoor components of an HVAC system, be sure to schedule a professional inspection to ensure the quality and condition of your ductwork. An expert can let you know if it is time for cleaning or time for updating the ductwork at your home or business.
- Increase Indoor Insulation: Poor insulation is one of the top causes of not only the loss of heated or cooled air, but it is also to blame for running HVAC systems ragged. With proper insulation in your walls and attic spaces, you can promote better temperature control, improve efficiency, and protect the longevity of your systems.
- Install a New Roof: A new roof can help improve insulation, thus, help prevent indoor air from escaping. That means your utility bills won’t go through the roof due to overextended AC operations. Be sure to ask your roofer about light-colored or reflective roofing materials that can provide an extra layer of protection from Florida’s hot sun.
- Upgrade Windows and Doors: Air can escape through cracks and gaps in windows and doors. Consider investing in new, airtight, professionally installed windows and doors. Hurricane impact styles are popular around Ocala and The Villages, as are special window glass options with a glaze to protect from unwanted heat and sunshine.
- Add Awnings or Overhangs: You might not realize how much the hot sun heats up your indoor spaces as it penetrates through the windows. If you are cranking up the AC because certain areas feel hot, consider installing fixed overhangs or awnings outside the windows in that area to block the rays. If major installations are not in your budget, consider adding tall shrubbery or plants outside the window to help block the light.
United’s experts are happy to provide referrals to experts that can help with your projects around Ocala, The Villages, and surrounding areas. Also, be sure to regularly replace your AC filters and schedule preventative maintenance services to mitigate risks of any damage, leaks, corrosion, or operational issues with your HVAC systems. United’s team remains fully equipped to provide emergency services, preventative maintenance, and new HVAC installations.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s customers trust us to provide the stability you require for all of your home and business needs. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment.