In addition to hurricane preparedness and protective measures for your HVAC system during rainy season, this summer Floridians will also need to continue safety precautions for the lingering effects of the pandemic.
United Refrigeration, Heating, and Air has been helping customers across Central Florida during these unprecedented times. As we enter the summer months, know that United continues to take the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as seriously as we do any crisis, such as hurricanes.
Procedures for Safe and Efficient HVAC System Protection
Homeowners and businessowners around Ocala and the Villages will want to take proactive measures to keep HVAC systems up and running. United’s experts have compiled these tips for protecting both you and your HVAC systems.
- Trust only the Experts: United’s professionals are trained to inspect and maintain your A/C in good times and in bad times. Considering COVID-19, United’s experts will abide by policies and procedures to keep you safe and to adhere to the latest sanitary guidelines for gloves and masks, in addition to abiding by social distancing rules.
- Be Proactive with Summer Maintenance: A storm or crisis can come at any time, which is why it is important to enlist United’s help to complete a comprehensive system check-up. This will mitigate risks and maintain stability to prevent future problems.
- Secure and Protect Your Outdoor Unit: Central Florida’s windy and rainy summer weather can wreak havoc on your outdoor unit. Ask United’s pros to add covers to protect the unit and ensure all straps, hooks, and bolts are secure. In certain flood-prone areas, United’s professionals may also recommend a raised platform for your unit.
- Professionally Inspect the HVAC System: On a regular basis, residential and commercial HVAC systems must be cleaned and checked to make sure there are no leaking pipes, drainage issues, or corroded parts hindering proper operations. If there has been a recent storm or major power outage, it could be wise to schedule a professional check-up to confirm there is no system damage.
- Make Filter Changes an Essential Activity: Safer-at-home guidelines have kept more Floridians at home, which makes a clean filter crucial for filtering particles like dust, dander, pet hair, and other allergens in the air you breath. Importantly, filter changes are also essential to keeping your system running during heavy summer usage. United’s experts suggest setting a schedule with reminders according to your system and usage.
With your health and safety in mind, United’s technicians remain on-call to complete your HVAC system evaluations, maintenance, repairs, and new installations.
Contact our full-service Residential AC Repair and Commercial HVAC Services Company today. United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep systems running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment.