In Florida, winter does not always mean cold weather. In fact, HVAC systems across North Central Florida often change gears from cooling to heating on a day-to-day basis. Taking care of your central air and heat-pump systems is critical for not only keeping comfortable, but also for extending the life of your systems.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air has experts on standby to provide rapid services during this holiday season and into the New Year. It may not feel like your HVAC systems are working as hard during Florida’s milder winter months, but year-round system care remains important.
HVAC System Settings and Maintenance
As full-service HVAC experts, we have compiled these 10 tips to help our neighbors across Ocala, The Villages, and surrounding areas this winter.
- Avoid HVAC system failures during the winter months by pre-scheduling regular maintenance services. A professional inspection to assess any issues could mitigate future risks and keep your systems in tip-top condition.
- Add a programmable “smart” thermostat to your holiday shopping list for simpler adjustments in handling Florida’s winter temperature fluctuations. Simply install and use apps on your mobile device to control temperatures in your home or business.
- Ask United’s technician regarding thermostat settings to boost efficiency. Depending on the make, type, and model of your system, manufacturers will suggest different temperature ranges for heating and cooling purposes.
- Change your filters often. This is typically a monthly task, but United’s experts may suggest more frequent changes due to system usage or operations.
- Clean your air vents to make sure there is not anything obstructing or hindering airflow. Clean airflow is critical for proper functioning and comfortable room temperatures.
- Regularly inspect both your indoor and outdoor units to ensure there is no debris, dust, corrosion, build-up, or water disturbing the system.
- Monitor your systems for any visual changes, such as loose connections. These could lead to dangerous electrical issues, in addition to operational problems.
- Implement protective measures such as coverings or platforms to protect systems from water or debris. Enlist the help of United’s technicians for protective tips and advice.
- Prevent extreme temperature fluctuations by opening/closing windows, running ceiling fans, and running exhaust fans in kitchens and baths to reduce humidity.
- Make timely repairs and replace faulty parts. Proper operations require cohesively functioning parts. Remember, rapid response and prevention can be your protection against more costly issues or breakdowns.
Happy Holidays to our neighbors across Central Florida! Call United Refrigeration, Heating and Air today at 352-629-1187 to speak with one of our experienced professionals about your options for maintaining, repairing, replacing, or upgrading your HVAC system.
In addition to hurricane preparedness and protective measures for your HVAC system during rainy season, this summer Floridians will also need to continue safety precautions for the lingering effects of the pandemic.
United Refrigeration, Heating, and Air has been helping customers across Central Florida during these unprecedented times. As we enter the summer months, know that United continues to take the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as seriously as we do any crisis, such as hurricanes.
Procedures for Safe and Efficient HVAC System Protection
Homeowners and businessowners around Ocala and the Villages will want to take proactive measures to keep HVAC systems up and running. United’s experts have compiled these tips for protecting both you and your HVAC systems.
- Trust only the Experts: United’s professionals are trained to inspect and maintain your A/C in good times and in bad times. Considering COVID-19, United’s experts will abide by policies and procedures to keep you safe and to adhere to the latest sanitary guidelines for gloves and masks, in addition to abiding by social distancing rules.
- Be Proactive with Summer Maintenance: A storm or crisis can come at any time, which is why it is important to enlist United’s help to complete a comprehensive system check-up. This will mitigate risks and maintain stability to prevent future problems.
- Secure and Protect Your Outdoor Unit: Central Florida’s windy and rainy summer weather can wreak havoc on your outdoor unit. Ask United’s pros to add covers to protect the unit and ensure all straps, hooks, and bolts are secure. In certain flood-prone areas, United’s professionals may also recommend a raised platform for your unit.
- Professionally Inspect the HVAC System: On a regular basis, residential and commercial HVAC systems must be cleaned and checked to make sure there are no leaking pipes, drainage issues, or corroded parts hindering proper operations. If there has been a recent storm or major power outage, it could be wise to schedule a professional check-up to confirm there is no system damage.
- Make Filter Changes an Essential Activity: Safer-at-home guidelines have kept more Floridians at home, which makes a clean filter crucial for filtering particles like dust, dander, pet hair, and other allergens in the air you breath. Importantly, filter changes are also essential to keeping your system running during heavy summer usage. United’s experts suggest setting a schedule with reminders according to your system and usage.
With your health and safety in mind, United’s technicians remain on-call to complete your HVAC system evaluations, maintenance, repairs, and new installations.
Contact our full-service Residential AC Repair and Commercial HVAC Services Company today. United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep systems running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment.