Summer is the season to care for your air conditioner. In addition to running on high to keep you cool, July 3rd through August 15th marks Air Conditioning Appreciation Days.
At United Refrigeration, Heating and Air, we also care to share in the celebration of National Air Conditioning Day on July 17th. Invented in 1902 by Willis Haviland Carrier, air conditioning is one of the greatest and most revolutionary inventions for a more comfortable way of life.
How to Provide Unconditional Love for Air Conditioners
For all that cooling comfort, here are tips for providing care, maintenance, and unconditional love for your air conditioners and HVAC systems:
- Maintaining: Most importantly, professional maintenance and timely repairs are at the heart of caring for your air conditioner. As a full-service residential A/C repair and commercial HVAC service company, we are fully equipped to perform maintenance along with emergency repairs to keep your systems cared for all summerlong.
- Inspecting: General inspections fall in line with preventative maintenance. Having a professional technician carefully check your entire system could help you avoid a breakdown or prevent a careless issue. Ask United’s experts about our preventative maintenance programs and inspections to protect your HVAC systems.
- Cleaning: Cleaning and preventing corrosion are imperative steps for HVAC care. Water and leaks are dangerous threats to your system. United’s cleaning and maintenance service can help eliminate corrosion, while also optimizing systems for functionality.
- Filtering: Scheduled filter changes are vital for system efficiency. Your A/C filter removes debris and filters dust, dander, and other allergens in the air. A clean, new filter is one of the simplest and most cost-effective ways to care for air conditioners and HVAC systems.
- Shielding: Covering and securing your system is important, especially during Florida’s storm season. Straps, hooks, bolts, raised platforms, and covers can help protect units from the damaging effects of wind, rain, flooding, debris, and volatile conditions.
- Protecting: Show you care by protecting your air conditioner from other potential dangers like power surges or lightning strikes. This could be as simple as turning the power off to systems during a severe storm or during a power outage. Protect your system by waiting until the storm has passed or the power returns to avoid costly dangers.
United’s team cares for air conditioners and HVAC systems all around The Villages, Ocala, and surrounding areas of North Central Florida. Give us a call for evaluations, maintenance, repairs, and new installations to keep you cool throughout the summer.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep systems running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment.