In terms of real estate, HVAC systems running with efficiency can be assets with value. And if you haven’t noticed, Florida’s weather and real estate markets are running hot this spring.
Fortunately, the experts at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air provide value-added services to help buyers and sellers with HVAC inspections, tune-ups, repairs, and new installations.
Valuable Tips for HVAC Inspections and Property Sales
This spring, real estate value is top of mind for homeowners and business owners across North Central Florida. Experts will tell you that the quality of an HVAC system and the condition of ductwork are key components of a thorough inspection before any property sale or purchase.
In real estate, a neglected or inefficient HVAC system could result in a lower offer or reduced sales price. As your HVAC service company, United’s experts offer these valuable tips:
- Most simply, property owners should regularly change system air filters to trap and prevent dust and debris from hindering airflow. A clean filter is critical for HVAC operations, and no one wants stale, dusty air during a property showing. To elevate value, United can also install high-quality air purification systems for homes and businesses.
- Of course, potential buyers will want to hire an inspector, but it is just as important for sellers to schedule a professional inspection prior to listing a property. In addition to inspecting, United’s techs can help clean, repair, and enhance AC operations. If needed, United may also offer solutions for a new HVAC installation. A seller’s inspection is one of the best ways to avoid and prevent any unexpected surprises during the real estate process.
- For real estate transactions, a basic inspection will verify the age and quality of HVAC systems, but savvy sellers will also request a maintenance tune-up. It is important to repair any damage, leaks, clogged filters, or corrosion in or around your system that would deplete its value. United’s experts can also verify efficiency ratings, fuel type, installation details, thermostat settings, warranties, and other information about the HVAC systems.
- For overall value, United emphasizes it is important to check system components and inspect ductwork to ensure there are not any issues, gaps, loose connections, or problems that could hinder operations. Plus, United’s experts will make sure outdoor units are free of debris, properly covered, and secured as necessary with hooks, bolts, or straps.
- Finally, Florida sellers can show value by providing buyers with maintenance records to illustrate how well you have taken care of your HVAC system. Seeing how you’ve invested in protecting your system provides buyers with peace of mind and proof of value.
Call United’s experts at 352-629-1187 for HVAC inspections, maintenance, repairs, and new installations at homes and businesses throughout Ocala, The Villages, and surrounding areas.