Refrigeration performance is crucial every day of the year, but it is particularly important during the summer months. Put simply, summer in Central Florida is hot. Extreme heat can quickly destroy food supplies during a refrigeration failure.
There are ways to help stores, restaurants, and kitchen facilities avoid the costly dangers of an outage or equipment failure. The number one solution is to have an ongoing preventative maintenance program established with a commercial refrigeration services and repair company. For example, at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air, our valued customers on preventative maintenance plans enjoy speedy services performed by expert technicians striving to keep your systems up and running and capable of providing emergency services when an issue strikes.
6 Summer Maintenance Solutions
Performing regularly scheduled maintenance check-ups along with proper cleaning and sanitizing will help to extend the life of your equipment as well as help reduce costly repairs.
Remember, refrigeration systems are running in high gear to combat the brutal summer temperatures around Ocala and the Villages. Make sure you or your employees are keeping a watchful eye on how your systems are operating. Appliances and equipment are company assets, which is why we suggest you ensure someone is in charge of assigning or contracting daily, weekly, and monthly tasks of monitoring your systems.
Here are suggestions to optimize refrigeration performance at your Florida business:
- Hire professional technicians to inspect commercial walk-ins, reach-in coolers, reach-in freezers, deli cases, ice machines, soft serve machines, and slush machines.
- Clean ice machines on a regular basis for proper functioning. An ice machine’s removable parts and bins often require some serious scrubbing. Follow stringent guidelines for washing evaporators and sanitizing for reducing contamination and odors.
- Check refrigerant levels. Refrigerant is one of the most essential parts of a cooling system. This needs checked whether you have gas, liquid, or boiling refrigerant.
- Check and adjust thermostats, temperatures, and cycling to ensure foods and beverages are being held at the right temperatures.
- Monitor and clear drain lines and suction lines, inspect hinges and gaskets, clean condenser coils, inspect fans, and double-check compressors and other components.
- Perform proactive maintenance services to diagnose and correct equipment problems or replace parts.
Hiring a professional technician is important to guaranteeing completion of the appropriate cleaning and maintenance tasks your systems need. United’s technicians service brands and models like True, Beverage Air, Blue Air, Master-Bilt, and Traulsen. United is also a service and warranty contractor for commercial ice machines, such as Scotsman, Manitowoc, Hoshizaki, and more.
United Refrigeration, Heating and Air’s team has helped keep systems running efficiently for over 30 years. Call 352-629-1187 to set your next appointment for installations, system maintenance, or repair services.