Despite popular belief, indoor heating can be a necessity during North Central Florida’s winter months. Many folks simply do not realize that Floridians also need to turn up the heat.
Typically, the surrounding areas of Ocala and The Villages range from the 40s to 60s this time of year, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t seen a few dips into the 30s. For those frigid Florida nights, consider these tips from our HVAC experts at United Refrigeration, Heating and Air.
How Homeowners and Businessowners can improve heating efficiency:
- Set the right temperatures. Thermostat recommendations for proper temperatures vary from model to model, but 65 to 70 degrees is what most advise for heating an indoor space. United’s experts can provide advice on the most efficient settings for your HVAC system.
- Be prepared for fluctuations. Rapid hot or cold weather shifts can be tough on HVAC systems. A programmable thermostat could be helpful in making advance settings for weather fluctuations. Also, smart thermostats are convenient for programming efficiency.
- Always keep air filters clean. This is one of the simplest but essential actions for protecting the longevity and operational value of your HVAC system. It is also necessary for clean air, as the filter is the first line of defense in trapping debris, dust, and allergens.
- Be proactive about maintenance. To prevent a heating problem before it strikes, schedule a professional maintenance check-up. United’s experts will perform a thorough inspection and a complete tune-up to ensure you stay warm and cozy this winter.
- Promptly perform heating repairs. Proper heating and operations of the indoor air-handler and outdoor unit require working parts. United’s heating experts can assist with servicing your existing equipment, making necessary repairs, or upgrading your HVAC system.
- Insulate for a protective seal. In addition to keeping doors and windows closed, you can boost heating efficiency by adding weather strips or sealant around frames to prevent the cold air from getting inside. Attic insulation is also a wise investment for boosting efficiency.
- Take precaution with space heaters. Many Floridians see value in portable space heaters for temporary warmth in a small space; however, NEVER leave space heaters unattended, DO NOT use with an extension cord, and review all device warnings to avoid risks.
Contact United’s technicians for services and heating recommendations for your system. Professional services and maintenance are the keys to saving money, promoting longevity of your HVAC system, and keeping you in control of comfortable room temperatures. Call United Refrigeration, Heating and Air today at 352-629-1187 to discuss your options for maintaining, repairing, replacing, or upgrading your HVAC systems.